Extreme Assasination

Photobucket

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Bleeding Love

2 years ago, in 2007, the winner of UK equivalent of American Idol: X Factor, Leona Lewis released her debut single from her debut album Spirit called Bleeding Love. Leona herself is very unique with her modelesque look and vocal acrobatical skills. Combined with her already established popularity and the quality of her song, Bleeding Love became an instant phenomenon loved by listeners and karaokers as well.


Radios and television were busy playing the song and the video of the song, massively increasing it's airplay day by day thanks to it's touching lyrics and showcase of variety in the international version of the music video. 2 music videos were made for the song, an international version and one specially for US audience. The international version shows different ranges of pain in relationships, meanwhile the US version focuses solely on Leona's relationship problems.

International Version:


US Version:


It wasn't until the next year, that is 2008, that listeners realised that the song was actually meant for another artist and it was originally a male song. The artist was none other than Jesse McCartney, who co-wrote the song himself with another popular phenomenon himself, Ryan Tedder. Jesse McCartney and Ryan Tedder from pop-rock band One Republic at first penned the song for Jesse's third album, Departure. Jesse wanted the song to be in his album but the producers felt it wasnt suitable for his album. So, instead Ryan changed the arrangements a bit gave the song to Leona and voila the instant hit was born. But Jesse was still enamoured by the song that he released it as limited in some editions of his album.


Jesse McCartney - Bleeding Love:


And it wasn't until a year after, which is 2009 that Jesse McCartney and Ryan Tedder were recognised for their artistical and lyrical achievement, that is Bleeding Love. The ASCAP Awards are honorary recognitions handed out by the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers to it's members who excel in what they do. On the 26th Annual ASCAP Pop Music Awards which was held on the 22nd of April 2009 in Los Angeles, Jesse McCartney and Ryan Tedder won Song Of The Year for Bleeding Love. Finally!


Their cherished lyrical work:
Bleeding Love

Closed off from love
I didn't need the pain
Once or twice was enough
And it was all in vain
Time starts to pass
Before you know it you're frozen

But something happened
For the very first time with you
My heart melts into the ground
Found something true
And everyone's looking round
Thinking I'm going crazy

Trying hard not to hear
But they talk so loud
Their piercing sounds fill my ears
Try to fill me with doubt
Yet I know that the goal
Is to keep me from falling

But nothing's greater than the risk that comes with your embrace
And in this world of loneliness
I see your face
Yet everyone around me
Thinks that I'm going crazy, maybe, maybe

And it's draining all of me
Oh they find it hard to believe
I'll be wearing these scars
For everyone to see

But I don't care what they say
I'm in love with you
They try to pull me away
But they don't know the truth
My heart's crippled by the vein
That I keep on closing
You cut me open and I


Keep bleeding
Keep, keep bleeding love
I keep bleeding
I keep, keep bleeding love
Keep bleeding
Keep, keep bleeding love
You cut me open and I
Keep bleeding
Keep, keep bleeding love...

8 comments:

melveen said...

yaya.. love bleeding love!! cheers!! haha!! i personally love the song 'run'.. it's very difficult to sing it..

Mr.K la said...

Let me quote you lol,

"Jesse liked the song so much but the album producers felt it wasnt suitable for his album."

pity pity....but anyway...I would love to see Lenona Lewis dance...she`s static in her songs.

melveen said...

yaya.. jesse does not suit this song.. haha!! wat lenona lewis?? leona lewis la.. haha!!

Mr.K la said...

Lol, typo la...

V!MaL said...

I think i shld reedit that part too. Which song u guys think is better?

Mr.K la said...

I think nailed that song, it going well with her whole album...pop, slow type.

melveen said...

think is pop n slow R&B.. every songs oso very very nice..

V!MaL said...

Yea i agree with melmel

Ke$ha

Ke$ha
Ke$ha live!

The Pussycat Dolls

The Pussycat Dolls
In Christian Siriano for 2008 American Music Awards

The Pussycat Dolls

The Pussycat Dolls
In Saree for 2008 Fashion Rocks

BFFs

BFFs
Tyra Banks & Heidi Klum