Today was the much-anticipated Earth Hour at 8.30pm till 9.30pm yay! I decided not to go out and just celebrate it at my home instead. But by evening, my parents said they are going out. So i was like it's okay, i can do Earth Hour with my brothers. Immediately after they left, as usual i played Doll Domination. I switched off the tv and most of the other lights by then ady. After Doll Domination, i tried listening to Corrine Bailey Rae. No matter how many times i try, i could never finish the album till the end. The songs are just not my type. I decided to switch to Stacie Orrico's Beautiful Awakening halfway coz her songs are acoustical yet teen-friendly.



By then it was already 8.15pm. And exactly around that time the thunderstorm started. It was raining sooo heavy plus lightning and thunder. I switched off every light in house and i didnt open my pc since evening. The only electrical device in my house switched on was my stereo system and my fridge haha. Since it was Saturday, naturally it's my Burger Day and my brothers' Maggi Mee Day. Since the lights were off, he had to cook maggi with candle light haha. The leg-broken one(Surenther) was sitting outside while i was msging everyone with my hp while listening to Stacie Orrico. Her cd finished halfway through Earth Hour so i changed to Hitz.fm. They had their studio lights off as well and played some of the coolest acoustic songs. Loved it. Meanwhile, my brothers were eating their mee with the candle light as well haha. It was the only lit candle in our whole house that time.
My brothers' mee bowls with our hps.
At 9.30pm Earth Hour came to an end. I switched back on the important lights and tv haha. But the rain was still pouring outside. And i was starving. I was so desperate i had to take a drastic measure: Drive the car to the burger stall. Good thing my parents went out with my dad's mbike. I asked Thinesh(my 1st younger brother) to come with me coz he's the best. He's the one who taught me how to ride motorbike when i was about to take my motorbike licence. So now, eventhough i already and only have L for my car licence, i knew he'd be able to correct me if i'm doing something wrong. I was able to safely take the car out, drive on the heavy-raining road, buy my burgers and park the car back in my front yard. Thinesh was such a major help. Once home, i ate my burgers and went to DoTA. When my parents came back late at night, they didnt suspect anything until Surenther ratted me out =.= . But they didnt say anything yay!!!
Earth Hour was a SUCCESS!!!
p/s:
This is a song by Daughtry that would enlighten us on the plight of our Earth and it's people. Please do watch the video. I'm dedicating it to every child of Mother Nature.
Daughtry - What About Now
3 comments:
=_= your brother thought you how to ride motor bike lolz...You realise he`s younger than you right...
Yea aint he cool?
Lolz, i think it should be the other way around but nvm kids grow fast...
Post a Comment